- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup apricots, roughly chopped
- dash of salt, to taste
- ½ cup crunchy almond butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbs of roughly chopped cocoa nibs
- 1 tbs of roughly chopped walnuts
- 3 tbs of toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, cocoa powder, ⅓ cup coconut, ground flaxseed, apricots and salt.
In another small bowl, melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in the microwave in 10-15 seconds, stirring until completely melted and combined.
Stir in vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir well until fully combined.
In a small separate shallow bowl, stir together the toasted coconut flakes, cacao nibs and walnuts.
Use clean dry hands, roll the oat mixture into small 2 bite balls and then roll them around in the bowl of your 3 tbs of coconut, nibs & walnuts till your chocolate health truffle is completely coated.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Place in the refrigerator to set.
NJAPP Pro Tip: These are great to eat if you are on the run in the am or if you need a quick healthy midday snack to power through the rest of your day. These are a must to have around. Enjoy!
NJAPP Pro Tip: This recipe can also be found on Heather Zwain's-The Bergen County Bible