- 1 -2 Pints of Brussel Sprouts (trimmed and thinly sliced)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic (roughly chopped or minced)
- 1/2 of a Sliced or Diced Yellow Onion
- 1 Cup of Chopped, Pitted Medjool Dates
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil (or whichever oil you prefer)
- Coarse Salt and Ground Pepper to Taste
- 1/4 Cup of Chopped (NO SALT), Shelled Pistachios
- A Few Drops of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Splash of White Wine (I use Santa Margarita)
Add oil to the pan and heat over medium heat.
Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until soft but not browned, reducing heat if necessary (about 4 minutes).
Stir in your pistachios, dates, salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high.
Add the Brussel sprouts and cook, tossing or stirring occasionally, until tender and warmed through, about 3 minutes. Make sure you do not over cook, leaving the Brussel sprouts a little crunchy will be good, especially if you are planning on re-heating them.
Just when you think your Brussel sprouts mixture is about done, add your acid friend Lemon Juice or White Wine ... just a little bit though. Too much will totally be a buzz kill to your Brussel sprouts party. And trust me, these brussel sprouts are trying to improve their reputation. #SAVETHESPROUTS
Store in a glass container for 1-3 days.