- 3 c. dry milk powder (nonfat or whole)
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1½ c. special dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla powder (optional)
- 1 c. mini dehydrated marshmallows (optional)
- crushed candy canes (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients, stir to combine. Store the cocoa mix in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- To prepare the hot cocoa, put ¼ cup to ⅓ cup of the mix in a large mug and stir in 1 cup of hot milk or water.
- For 1 serving, place 1/3 of a cup of cocoa mixture into a coffee cup or mug, and add 6-8 ounces of boiling water. Stir to dissolve.
- Top with marshmallows, whipped cream, crushed candy canes or all 3!
NJAPP PRO-TIP: This recipes makes 20-25 servings and this recipe to make and give away as Christmas or holiday gifts.