- 9 Hard boiled eggs (only the whites)
- 1/2 cup of sliced grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 of a cup of thinly sliced red peppers
- 1/4 of a red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp of walnut oil
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 2 tbsp of white vinegar
Place the eggs in a medium saucepan. Fill with enough cold water to cover them by 3-4 inches. Bring to a boil. Add 1/2 tsp of sea salt and a 1/2 tsp of baking soda let the eggs boil for about 12-15 minutes. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Put the eggs into a bowl of ice water to cool. Peel the eggs, discard the yolks and proceed to slice just the egg whites. Set aside in a medium glass bowl.
In a medium glass bowl, combine the egg whites, grape tomatoes, parsley, peppers, red onion, walnut oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Gently mix, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour. If you are planning ahead, this is a great salad to prepare the night before. ENJOY!