Avocado "Butter" Toast
- 1 sliced of toasted Ezekiel (Low Sodium) Bread
- 1/2 of a HAAS avocado (roughly mashed with a fork)
- 2 TBSP of toasted raw almonds
- 1 small mini organic cucumber sliced
- 2 TBSP of frozen pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 of a freshly squeezed key lime
- A couple drops of some local honey (I prefer honey from Abma's Farm)
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
Use a fork to mash half of your avocado with some lime juice in a shallow glass bowl until chunky/smooth.
Toast the bread until browned and crisp.
Spread your avocado "butter" on top of your toasted bread.
Layer the cucumber, toasted almonds & frozen pomegranate seeds on top of your avocado butter. Squeeze a touch more fresh lime juice over your crunchy toppings, if desired. Drizzle a few drops of honey to top off your healthy "Buttered" toast. Serve right away!
NJAPP Pro Tip: This recipe can also be found on The Bergen County Bible