- 1 1/2 tbsp un-refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (makes about 7 heaping cups of popcorn)
- 1/2 tsp pink salt + a little extra for taste
- 1 tbsp of crushed beet sugar
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 handful of fresh roughly chopped mint (I used my freshly grown chocolate mint in this recipe)
- *1 Bottle of a good white rum (*Just kidding - There is not trace of alcohol in this recipe)
Add the unrefined coconut oil to a heavy bottom large pot, and melt over medium-low heat.
Add 2-3 popcorn kernels to the melted oil, and cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid. Continue to cook, until the kernels pop. Remove the pot from the heat, and carefully take out the 3 popped, popcorn pieces with tongs.
Once the test kernels have popped and have been removed, place the rest of the popcorn kernels into the pot and cover.
After the kernels begin popping, begin to shake every 10-15 seconds until you hear the popping slow down. When the popping noise slows down to basically no noise at all it is time to remove the pot from heat. Let pot sit untouched for about 30 seconds.
Scoop out your popcorn into a large glass bowl.
Season with beet sugar & salt
Pour the lime juice over your popcorn and mix well.
Now it is time to sprinkle your chopped mint and give your popcorn mix one last toss. Maybe add a touch more salt to taste if desired
NJAPP PRO-TIP: Leftovers if there is any, will stay fresh for about 1-2 days if stored in an airtight container. Also, you can use any oil or butter in place of the coconut oil.