Gluten free & paleo friendly
- 1 egg (make sure the egg is a room temp)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (unsweetened, unsalted)
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp of maple sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp melted un-refined coconut oil
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp sea salt
- 1/4 Tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 of a 60% dark chocolate bar, roughly chopped or 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Add a little coconut sugar dusting on top of each un-baked cookie before baking (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium glass bowl stir together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, egg, and melted coconut oil.
Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, coconut flakes, chocolate pieces and stir with a spatula until smooth. Don't freak out if your cookie batter is thick, It is supposed to be.
Scoop 1 tablespoon sized scoop of dough into your clean hands. Roll it like a meatball and place dough onto your lined cookie sheet. Flatten your cookie ball with your hand or the back of a 1/3 measuring cup. (SEE PHOTO) You may need to use your fingers to reshape the cookie into a even disc after you have flattened it.
Step 5 (optional)
Sprinkle about 1/8 tsp of coconut sugar on top of each cookie before baking. This will give your sweet-healthy treat a little more decadence.
Bake for 15 minutes, and cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
Once slightly cooled. Set cookies on baking rack till they are easy to handle. Enjoy with a glass of cold almond milk and store the un-eaten ones in a air tight container.
NJAPP PRO TIP:
- Stop, roll, pat, bake & enjoy! These healthy cookies do not spread when baking. They tend to bake up just the way they are due to the lack of fat (aka-butter).
- This recipes yields about 15 cookies.
- This recipe is Paleo friendly & Gluten Free.